Borgo di Colleoli Resort
The Borgo di Colleoli Resort is located in Palaia, in the heart of the Tuscan hills in Italy. It used to be a historical home with farms surrounding it from all sides. Today, it has been converted into a luxurious 5-star retreat for the holidays and the farmhouses nearby have also become part of the resort. The resort consists of apartments that are established in individual farmhouses and suites that are present within the main central villa of the resort where the Il Palazzo Hotel is situated.
The resort lies in the midst of the countryside, near the tourist cities of Pisa and Florence. Major centers of ancient arts, like Siena, San Gimignano are also within easy reach, as well as the famous Italian beaches of Forte dei Marmi and Viareggio. It is fairly easy to reach Borgo di Colleoli from the airports in Florence and Genoa, but the closest is the Pisa airport which is just 30 minutes away by car.
The Borgo di Colleoli resort offers two types apartments located in the farmhouses near the main building:
- The Borgo Apartments have rooms for up to 6 people, where you have the option of selecting a studio, a 1-bedroom or a 3-room apartment. All apartments are furnished and equipped with air-conditioning or heating, a CD player, a satellite TV and DVD, and a kitchen with a microwave oven.
- The Fattoria Apartments are also part of the Borgo di Colleoli Resort and can incorporate from 2 – 8 people within them. Although these apartments are not air-conditioned, they provide amazing views of the Tuscan country side and are furnished in a rustic style, with a modern kitchen and a satellite TV. Visitors can choose to stay in a 2-bedroom or even a 3- or 4-bedroom apartment. Just steps away from the door, guests can find a swimming pool, located in a grand garden with loungers and sun umbrella surrounding it. The location is scenic, providing views of the nearby olive groves that dot the countryside.
The Suites in Borgo di Colleoli’s Il Palazzo Hotel are designed according to its 5-star standards. These accommodations provide the ultimate luxury and are equipped with a large screen TV and satellite, DVD, a king-sized bed, a fully stocked fridge and a cozy sitting area where guests can relax. Guests can opt for a studio, 1- or 2-bedroom suite, which can cater to up to 4 guests at a time.
The services of the Il Palazzo Hotel include two pools, guest laundry, lounge, car parking, fine dining, concierge, 24-hour security, conference facilities, room service, as well as WIFI. However, pets are not allowed within the hotel.
Just on the other side of the villa, guests can find the Enoteca Wine Bar that offers true Italian cuisine on its menu. For gourmet cuisine, visitors can go to the ‘I Secoli’ Restaurant within the Borgo di Colleoli Resort where they can find a superb collection of wines and classical Tuscan food.
The Borgo di Colleoli Resort offers various trips, tours and activities to its guests. These include:
- A tour of the history and tastes of Tuscany, where Italian food, wine and local produce are the showcased.
- A class in culinary arts by a master chef at the ‘I Secoli’ Restaurant.
- An opportunity to sail with the dolphins in the Mediterranean Sea.
- A hunt for truffles, both white and black, amid the luscious green countryside.
- A trip to the best and oldest wine cellars along with tastings of some of Italy’s finest wines.
Sports enthusiasts can also enjoy golf, hiking and mountain biking in the surrounding areas of Tuscany.